Accountability Music Awards
The ONE Campaign (“ONE”) and Accountability Lab are charitable organizations, operating according to U.S. Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3). Through the Accountability Music Awards, ONE and Accountability Lab seek to celebrate the musicians working to secure increased government transparency and accountability in Africa.
- Eligibility: Accountability Music Awards (“the Contest”) is open to all aged 18 or over (“the Contestants”). In entering the Contest, you confirm that you are eligible to do so.
- The contest will be run by the Accountability Lab, the African Union and ONE (together, “the Organisers,” and individually, each an “Organizer”).
- Entrant retains all ownership rights to all submitted song(s). Neither Accountability Music Awards nor any Organizer will have any ownership rights to any song(s) submitted.
- You agree to take part in any publicity for the competition. You hereby grant Accountability Music Awards and the Organisers the right to film, record and broadcast your participation in the competition by Accountability Music Awards.
- You hereby grant to the Organizers a perpetual non-exclusive royalty-free license to the use of your name, image, likeness, biographies, interviews and photographs of you by Accountability Music Awards for the purposes of the competition, including the right to edit your biography/CV as appropriate for inclusion in printed materials.
- Accountability Music Awards and its Organisers reserve the right to deny or cancel entry to the contest at any point in the unlikely event that any musician is deemed inappropriate, commits any defamatory act, or brings the Organisers into disrepute.
- The Organisers’ decision on all matters is final.
- We may cancel or amend the Contest, Contest Information, or these Terms and Conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the Contest Information or these Terms and Conditions.
- The Organisers make no warranty or promise that the services relating to the Contest will be free from errors or omissions nor that they will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. These services may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond the control of any Contest Party. We disclaim liability in the event that all or any part of the service relating to the Contest is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
PUBLIC VOTE / OVERALL ENGAGEMENT
- The Public will be invited to nominate and then vote for their favourite nominee (“the Public Vote”). The voting will open using the below factors.
- Individuals may nominate as many musicians and/or groups as they choose to. Nominations are open between 27th September and 18th October, 2021.
- Individuals may vote once. Voting is free and open between 1st November and 1st December, 2021
- Only unique votes will be tabulated.
- You may be subject to your standard internet access charges or data charges if you are using a web browser on your mobile phone.
- Organisers reserve the right to disallow votes if there are reasonable grounds to suspect fraudulent votes have been cast (e.g. more votes than a human being could possibly submit in the time available without the use of software or other devices designed to make automated votes). We reserve the right to disqualify any Finalist who engages in or promotes activity designed to unfairly manipulate the outcome of the Public Vote.
- The Finalist who receives the highest number of public votes will be the Contest winner.
- In the event of a tie vote, all tied Finalists will be judged by the Organisers, who will determine at its sole discretion which Finalist should win the Contest.
- Organisers take all reasonable steps to contact the winner using the details provided by the Finalist when they entered the competition. In the event of any failure to do so or a Finalist’s failure to respond within 72 hours of the results of the Public Vote being determined, the Organisers reserve the right, in its absolute discretion, to select an alternative winner from the Finalists.
RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
By participating in the Contest, you agree to release and hold harmless each Organizers, and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (i) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (ii) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (iii) printing errors; (iv) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (v) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (vi) injury or damage to persons or property. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, not to exceed $100.00, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- We are not liable for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by you taking part or not being able to take part in this Contest, or from being unable to claim your prize
- In unforeseen circumstances, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, or any circumstances beyond the Organizer’s control, including act of god, war, government regulation, disaster, strikes or civil disorder, we may alter, amend or foreclose the competition without prior notice. We reserve the right to change these terms at any time. The Contest is void wherever prohibited by law.
- The Organizers reserve the right in its sole discretion to disqualify and seek damages from any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these terms and conditions or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Organizers reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Organizers to enforce any of these terms shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved exclusively by the appropriate court located in South Africa and which jurisdiction’s law will apply. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these terms and conditions, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Organizers in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of South Africa.
- The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Your entry must not, as determined by the Organizers in its sole discretion: (i) violate the rights of others, including copyright, trade secret, license, patent, trademark, privacy, publicity or any other right; (ii) contain defamatory statements; (iii) include threats to any person, place, business, or group; (iv) include instructions or activities that could cause harm or injury (v) be obscene or indecent; (vi) depict any risky behavior; (vii) contain any material or content that is libelous or in any way unlawful; or (viii) contain depictions of any individuals who have not granted permission to appear in the entry.