Accountability Music Awards
The ONE Campaign (“ONE”) and Accountability Lab are charitable organizations, operating according to U.S. Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3). Through the Accountability Music Awards, ONE and Accountability Lab seek to celebrate the musicians working to secure increased government transparency and accountability in Africa.
- Accountability Music Awards (“the Contest”) is open to all aged 18 or over (“the Contestants”).
- The contest will be run by the Accountability Lab and ONE (“the Organisers”).
- Entrant retains all ownership rights to all submitted song(s). Accountability Music Awards will not have any ownership rights to any song(s) submitted.
- You agree to take part in any publicity for the competition including consent to filming, recording and broadcast of your participation in the competition by Accountability Music Awards.
- You consent to the use of your name, image, likeness, biographies, interviews and photographs of you by Accountability Music Awards for the purposes of the competition, including the right to edit your biography/CV as appropriate for inclusion in printed materials.
- Accountability Music Awards and its Organisers reserve the right to deny or cancel entry to the competition at any point in the unlikely event that any musician is deemed inappropriate, commits any defamatory act, or brings the Organisers into disrepute.
- The Organisers’ decision on all matters is final.
- We may cancel or amend the Contest, Contest Information, or these Terms and Conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the Contest Information or these Terms and Conditions.
- The Organisers make no warranty or promise that the services relating to the Contest will be free from errors or omissions nor that they will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. These services may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond the control of any Contest Party. We disclaim liability in the event that all or any part of the service relating to the Contest is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
- Prizes are awarded (and may be withheld) at the Organisers’ discretion.
The winner acknowledges that a prize is non-transferable and may not redeemable for or any other value or consideration.
- The Organisers may refuse to provide the prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of non-entitlement under these Terms and Conditions or a contestant’s breach of these Terms and Conditions, fraud, dishonesty, or other inappropriate or improper conduct.
- The Organisers reserve the right to record and/or broadcast any part of the Competition Final without payment to the competitors.
PUBLIC VOTE / OVERALL ENGAGEMENT
- The Public will be invited to vote for their favourite nominee (“the Public Vote”). The voting will open using the below factors.
- Individuals may vote once. Voting is free.
- Only unique votes will be tabulated.
- You may be subject to your standard internet access charges or data charges if you are using a web browser on your mobile phone.
- Organisers reserve the right to disallow votes if there are reasonable grounds to suspect fraudulent votes have been cast (e.g. more votes than a human being could possibly submit in the time available without the use of software or other devices designed to make automated votes). We reserve the right to disqualify any Finalist who engages in or promotes activity designed to unfairly manipulate the outcome of the Public Vote.
- The Finalist who receives the highest number of public votes will be the Contest winner.
- In the event of a tie vote, all tied Finalists will be judged by the Organisers, who will determine at its sole discretion which Finalist should win the Contest.
- Organisers take all reasonable steps to contact the winner using the details provided by the Finalist when they entered the competition. In the event of any failure to do so or a Finalist’s failure to respond within 72 hours of the results of the Public Vote being determined, the Organisers reserve the right, in its absolute discretion, to select an alternative winner from the Finalists.